The objective of this project is to become familiar with:
- Digital Radio (creating and demodulating digital QAM radio signals)
- Please check the course webpage for the recommended maatlab version to load on your computer.
- Overview of how to do the project:
- Download, and unzip the zip file e4124s21p06digitalradiog.zip and unzip it into a folder (DO NOT TRY TO RUN WHILE ZIPPED!!)
- In the unzipped folder, run the maatlab file e4124s21p06digitalradiog.mlx
- The maatlab file must be able to access all of the audio files in the unzipped folder
- If you get an error "filename not found in maatlab path" You probably need to set the matlab path
- To set a path, click the matlab "HOME" tab, and click the "set path" item
- The script should open in the live editor (magenta arrow below) as shown below
- Make sure the live editor opens in the output-on-right mode (blue arrow below)
- The script file is on the left (blue box above) and the output generated is on the right (magenta box above)
- Run the script by pressing the run button (magenta circle above)
- Read through the script and make any changes that are requested
- Save your file frequently
- Answer all questions by filling in the answers in the script such as:
- disp(' Answer: this is my answer')
- at the appropriate places in the script
- this will place your answers in the pdf-printout when the script runs after you export a pdf of the project (instructions below)
- To export a pdf of your report:
- First, the project should be opened in "Maatlab Live Editor"(magenta arrow below) to export a pdf.
- Make any needed maatlab changes per any questions in the project.
- You must re-run the script for changes to take effect (blue circle below)
- Answer all numbered questions below, Q1, Q2, etc.
- Select the "Hide Code" format (blue arrow below) before exporting your pdf
- In live editor, use Save::export-as-pdf (magenta circle below) to print the report
- DO A FINAL CHECK of your pdf before turning it in.
- Once your file is exported, it should look like this example report.
- DONT FORGET TO SAVE YOUR FILES!
- Download any missing toolboxes as prompted
Copyright 2020 T. Weldon
MATHCAD is a trademark of
PTC INC. MATLAB and Simulink are registered trademarks of The Math
Works, Inc. All other product or service
names are the property of their respective owners.