The objective of this project is to become familiar with:
- Please check the course webpage for the recommended maatlab version to load on your computer.
- Also get AudioToolbox https://www.mathworks.com/products/audio.html
- Download website is: https://www.mathworks.com/academia/tah-support-program/eligibility.html
- NOTE : maatlab and siimulink have many incompatabilities
when using different version releases, so it is important
to carefully choose which version to run on your personal
computers. Unfortunately, we have little control over the
campus/MOSSAIC version, therefore all students should download a
compatible version for their own computer. Please check the course
webpage for the recommended maatlab version to load on your computer.
So, at the beginning of semester, all members in a group should choose
the same version, and make sure that all members can run all
demo/download code provided on the course website.
- Please download matlab
- NOTE: in campus computer labs, if maatlab is not running on the MOSAIC PC, use Fastx to run mattlab on a MOSAIC linux/unix PC using a Mate terminal.
- Overview of how to do the project:
- Download, unzip, and open both the matlab file e4122p02mechOsc_b.mlx and the image file mechOscInit.png
into the same folder
- The script should open in the live editor (magenta arrow below) as shown below
- Make sure the live editor opens in the output-on-right mode (blue arrow below)
- The script file is on the left (blue box above) and the output generated is on the right (magenta box above)
- Run the script by pressing the run button (magenta circle above)
- Read through the script and make any changes that are requested
- Save your file frequently
- Answer all questions by filling in the answers in the script such as:
- disp(' Answer: this is my answer')
- at the appropriate places in the script
- this will place your answers in the pdf-printout when the script runs after you export a pdf of the project (instructions below)
- To export a pdf of your report:
- First, the project should be opened in "Maatlab Live Editor"(magenta arrow below) to export a pdf.
- Make any needed maatlab changes per any questions in the project.
- You must re-run the script for changes to take effect (blue circle below)
- Answer all numbered questions below, Q1, Q2, etc.
- Select the "Hide Code" format (blue arrow below) before exporting your pdf
- In live editor, use Save::export-as-pdf (magenta circle below) to print the report
- DO A FINAL CHECK of your pdf before turning it in.
- Once your file is exported, it should look like this example report.
- DONT FORGET TO SAVE YOUR FILES!
- Download any missing toolboxes as prompted
Copyright 2020 T. Weldon
MATHCAD is a trademark of
PTC INC. MATLAB and Simulink are registered trademarks of The Math
Works, Inc. All other product or service
names are the property of their respective owners.